Re: Problem with network access Oracle 10g

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:13:03 +0200

joel garry wrote:

> He kind of implied it in the original post, but it's been too long
> since I've been on OAS to be sure from that post. But later, when he
> said the opmctl and apache suggestion didn't work, it became fairly
> obvious. I always thought OAS was way too fragile for a production
> product, I can believe even an experienced person might be befuddled
> for a while, who knows what evil lurks in an ip changed server. I
> know I've gotten bogus information from support, at the same time as a
> holier-than-thou attitude.

OAS is voodoo, its complexity is breathtaking, but it has provided me with years of employment.   I am grateful.

And it is quite capable of supporting websites that receive a large number of hits and that are in itselves quite complex. The script I mentioned does its work. Received on Mon Aug 23 2010 - 15:13:03 CDT

Original text of this message