Re: Incompetent Oracle Support

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:18:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 30, 10:25 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> > Completely lost here ... no comprehendo!
>
> > Maybe there are some intended jokes in here ... dunno.

'sOK, John: you need to have been in cdos for over 10 years now to understand where that one comes from.

> Noons has stated numerous times in various places where he is from,
> and it ain't in Dutch.

You see: in Australia, the sort of comment made by Serge would land him in legal trouble - discrimination in any shape and format is a crime here.
In the US? Ah well, it's the land of freedom...

> He's also been quite free and specific in his opinions about all the
> various db and app vendors, invariably supported by facts, no matter
> how outrageous he sounds initially.

Let's not forget the claims on how db2 was NEVER one single code base, despite the vociferous arguments to the contrary from the IBM lot here - and in real life: yes, I haven't forgotten what the IBM-groupies did to me at the employment I was back then. Never will.

An argument which I clearly won when they admitted publicly I was right. Never acknowledged by Serge. But let's not allow facts to fog a proper Usenet rant...

BTW: that offer to take up db2 for free if we drop Oracle altogether still stands? In Australia, that's called "dumping", and it's illegal.
Amazing...

> But yes, this was a bit off reservation on my part.

ah well: I'm glad I'm not the only one that is not purrfect! ;) Received on Thu Jul 29 2010 - 21:18:40 CDT

Original text of this message