Re: Incompetent Oracle Support

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:24:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 23, 9:17 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> They used to be good, not any longer. I have a SR opened because of node
> eviction, the SR is level 2, nobody is responding for days. I called in
> on Tuesday, they opened a new SR, despite my strong objections, and
> nobody is working on it. One would think that for 22% of otherwise
> expensive licenses per year, the customer would be entitled to a better
> support, but this is below any reasonable standard. Combined with the
> infuriating flash portal, this really annoys me to no end.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

I have thought this for some time. I always laugh whenever they purchase another company and suggest one of the benefits is customers will now experience Oracle's "world class support". LOL!

Ironically enough, the guy that I thought was originally canned last November after the MOS debacle had an *excellent* writeup on his blog on how to effectively work with Oracle support. I saved the content on the outside chance he would be fired after his dumb comments about customers not supporting the move to flash.

It really becomes a quasi full time job to work SR's. I find I have to commit at least two hours per day just to methodically review open SR's and target each one based on what I think of the support analyst up to that point in the life of that particular SR. I laugh when I think about it some times :) Received on Fri Jul 23 2010 - 19:24:08 CDT

Original text of this message