Re: Can you SNMP query OEM?

From: neilsolent <n_at_solenttechnology.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:06:55 -0700 (PDT)

On 4 July, 20:34, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Neil:
>
> > I would like to monitor multiple Oracle systems with a 3rd party
> > product. The 3rd party product has the capability to SNMP query/walk
> > OIDs at specified IP address(es).
> > My question is - do I need to query each Oracle server? Or can I
> > install OEM and just quey the one OEM server?
>
> > I realise you could setup OEM to send SNMP traps to the 3rd party
> > product, but it is not desirable to do that in this case.
>
> > So my question really is - does OEM maintain an SNMP MIB on behalf of
> > all the Oracle servers it manages?
>
> > thanks,
>
> > Neil
>
> Did you look at the documentation?
>
> Is your installation using grid control or just database control?
>
> What versions of oracle and what operating systems?
>
> Are you licensed for diagnostics pack and/or tuning pack?

Thanks John.
I had a look at the documentation, but I haven't scoured it in detail. I didn't think the documentation I read was clear - a lot of confusing terms in use.
This is really a design question - I don't have anything installed at this stage, I just want to know which way to go. I'll re-phrase the questoin: are there any circumstances of Oracle installation - grid control/not grid control/database control/any Oracle version - in which a central point such as OEM holds information on behalf of distirbuted Oracle databases, that can be got at with an snmpget? Received on Sun Jul 04 2010 - 15:06:55 CDT

Original text of this message