Can you SNMP query OEM?

From: neilsolent <n_at_solenttechnology.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 02:04:02 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to monitor multiple Oracle systems with a 3rd party product. The 3rd party product has the capability to SNMP query/walk OIDs at specified IP address(es).
My question is - do I need to query each Oracle server? Or can I install OEM and just quey the one OEM server?

I realise you could setup OEM to send SNMP traps to the 3rd party product, but it is not desirable to do that in this case.

So my question really is - does OEM maintain an SNMP MIB on behalf of all the Oracle servers it manages?

thanks,

Neil Received on Sun Jul 04 2010 - 04:04:02 CDT

Original text of this message