Re: snapshot too old error

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 04:38:06 -0700 (PDT)

Noons:

> > Oracle 11.1.0.7.1 has all kind sof bugs; problem is now I am in
> > production so cannot back out of this release.
>
> Narh!  Not possible!
> So let me see: those of us who Oracle called "dinossaurs" because we
> refused to upgrade - knowing the problems with new releases of Oracle
> - were right after all?
> Wonders will never cease...

Well actually some of the dinosaurs are running that release and finding it pretty good. Some of the dinosaurs though actually do a systematic job of planning and testing things.

You have to remember the OP in this thread did not seem to know where to find resources and information on snapshot too older ... so take some of the complaints from the OP with a large degree of skepticism.

There is a large difference between refusing to upgrade because one has tested and found things in their environment and and their applications which cause serious ( or critical ) errors and refusing to upgrade just because something is new. Ya gotta remember that 11.1 has been out now for a pretty long time eh kimosabe?

We will be starting the phase of seriously checking out 11.2 just as soon as the first patchset is available although it might be sooner. Received on Wed Jun 02 2010 - 06:38:06 CDT

Original text of this message