Re: snapshot too old error

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:17:57 +1000

John Hurley wrote,on my timestamp of 2/06/2010 9:38 PM:

> Well actually some of the dinosaurs are running that release and
> finding it pretty good. Some of the dinosaurs though actually do a
> systematic job of planning and testing things.

Or just plain do not stress out the relevant bits of code?

> You have to remember the OP in this thread did not seem to know where
> to find resources and information on snapshot too older ... so take
> some of the complaints from the OP with a large degree of skepticism.

Absolutely. They seem remarkably similar to what I've been seeing in the lists of fixed bugs in the patch releases, though...

> There is a large difference between refusing to upgrade because one
> has tested and found things in their environment and and their
> applications which cause serious ( or critical ) errors and refusing
> to upgrade just because something is new.

Or refusing to upgrade because there is simply nothing in that release that is relevant to the applications being used? Or even supporting those applications?

 > Ya gotta remember that 11.1
> has been out now for a pretty long time eh kimosabe?

You gotta remember that 9.1 has been out for a pretty long time eh kimosabe?

> We will be starting the phase of seriously checking out 11.2 just as
> soon as the first patchset is available although it might be sooner.

Good. Is the cost of that testing and the upgrades being accounted for to the business? Received on Thu Jun 03 2010 - 05:17:57 CDT

Original text of this message