Re: 2nd Listener

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:19:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 29, 11:40 am, Bill <billshatne..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:

snip

> We have internal users connecting via Forms and external users
> connecting via Oracle Apps Server 10.1.
>
> Currently, there's one listener for everything.
>
> Would there be any merit in creating a second listener for just the
> external users?

The short answer is no. Unless you had some specific problem where you proved the listener stalled/failed and you were putting together something for availability there is no strong argument for another listener.

A lot of places have something in place that creates ( and tests ) a new connection on some interval ( with appropriate alerting ) to prove that both the listener and the database are responding. Received on Mon Mar 29 2010 - 12:19:40 CDT

Original text of this message