2nd Listener

From: Bill <billshatner71_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:40:56 -0700 (PDT)

We have internal users connecting via Forms and external users connecting via Oracle Apps Server 10.1.

Currently, there's one listener for everything.

Would there be any merit in creating a second listener for just the external users?

The connection pooling is done via application server, so I see no point in creating a shared server arrangement.

This kind of follows on from my question about DBMS_LDAP but is separate enough to warrant a new thread.

I'd like to keep a large amount of Oracle processes open in the database for the large influx of online users we're expecting so if anyone knows a good way on the apps server for me to do that I'd be most grateful. I know there are a few parameters like MaxClients but it would be nice to hit the right ones as the time we have for testing isn't that much.

Thanks. Received on Mon Mar 29 2010 - 10:40:56 CDT

Original text of this message