Re: To use Oracle 10g R2 on Linux which distribution?

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 05:58:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 17, 3:43 am, Jia Lu <roka..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>  I'll use Oracle 10g R2 on Linux with RAC, from the old system we used
> oracle 7 on Miracle Linux.
>  With 10g R2 I want to know if Red hat enterprise linux is a better
> choice ?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Lau. Lu

Define 'better'.

Red Hat EL4 is a supported Linux release for Oracle 10.2; I don't see Miracle Linux anywhere in that certification matrix, so if you want Oracle Support to not turn you away at the door RHEL 4 is probably a better choice.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 17 2010 - 07:58:38 CDT

Original text of this message