Re: LogMiner SESSION_INFO is empty

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 05:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 17, 7:52 am, andreik <spamme.andr..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 6:17 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:

> > > so this is normal that session_info does not always get logged into
> > > redo?
> > > what does it depend on?
> > > is this mentioned somewhere in the documentation? I couldn't find
> > > anything like that.- Hide quoted text -

> > Presumsing you have a valid support contract you should read Metalink
> > document 110301.1.  Since you're running an unpatched 10.2.0.1
> > installation you may not be in possession of a valid CSI so reading
> > that document may not be possible.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> I've already read that document. It doesn't help. Supplemental loggin
> is also not the case, bacause the transaction which follows already
> has the session_info and when I drop a test table I can see my traces
> there as well.
> Anyway, looks like no one is actually aware of how the session_info is
> retrieved...  I guess I'll just have to accept that oracle is a goofy
> database :)
> Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

then you haven't read that document fully as it states SESSION_INFO may be set for a series of transactions in a prior redo or archive log that you have NOT loaded. Please read item 2. under 'Explanations' again and again until you understand it as this is likely the cause of your 'problem'.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 17 2010 - 07:54:36 CDT

Original text of this message