Oracle Auditing

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 06:21:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Previously one of our DBA's must have turned on auditing. We get this error in RMAN:

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed RMAN-04005: error from target database:
ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory

However, it looks like auditing is turned off:

SQL> show parameter audit

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
audit_file_dest                      string      /opt/oracle/product/
ora10/rdbms/audit
audit_sys_operations                 boolean     FALSE
audit_syslog_level                   string
audit_trail                          string      NONE

Any thoughts? I'm looking through the Oracle docs buy cannot find anything on this being that it shows auditing is turned off. Because there were so many files being created we removed the directory. But we want to stop the auditing altogether.

Thanks Received on Tue Mar 16 2010 - 08:21:48 CDT

Original text of this message