Re: Oracle10g

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:08:58 +0100

Op 12-3-2010 15:30, Tester schreef:
> Hello there,
> Is there any free Oracle 10g database that will enable me to create
> multiple databases, for testing purposes?
> I tried 10g and it only comes with one database. Thank you, T

If you mean multiple instances, and you are using Express Edition, the answer is no. You have to install it on multiple servers. Because XE is a free product, you are allowed to use it as much as you like, within the license restrictions (like only one instance on one server, even with VMWare,and some memory- cpu and size restrictions) If you're using 10G standard or Enterprise edition, the answer is: yes, but those are not really free, and you can only use them on ONE server by ONE person (that's the deal for using it free for testing etc, see the OTN license agreement). You can install multiple instances with one software installation, eg using DBCA (database creation assistant).

Shakespeare Received on Fri Mar 12 2010 - 09:08:58 CST

Original text of this message