Multiple selects in one

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:49:19 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to write a query that will combine multiple rows from the same table into one row. That can be done with each column being a SELECT statement.

However, in my case each column has different criteria and I'm running into a problem where if any of the criteria from any of the queries is false, the entire query returns nothing.

SELECT customer_id, customer_name, new_order_id, old_order_id......... FROM (SELECT customer_id, customer_name, new_order_id

            FROM......
          (SELECT  old_order_id
            FROM......
            WHERE........)

Basically I'm applying separate criteria to each column. How can I allow any of the column queries to be false and just return NULL or whatever instead of the entire query failing? Received on Wed Mar 10 2010 - 15:49:19 CST

Original text of this message