Re: ORA-00470: LGWR process terminated with error

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 06:02:42 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Mar, 13:48, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 04:07:48 -0800, Johne_uk wrote:
> > Essentially something is killing the LGWR process and the instance is
> > shutting itself down. I think the way ahead is to try and find out what
> > is killing this process but I'm not sure how to go about this and
> > worried that any logging may degrade server performance.
>
> > Can anybody offer any suggestions ?
>
> Let me see whether I understood you correctly: Oracle support is trying
> to fix your issue for weeks, they presumably have all the trace files,
> core files and RDA output but are unable to determine the exact cause of
> the problem despite having all this information and you are asking us to
> guess what the problem is without even knowing the version of the RDBMS
> and Solaris? No problem, I can do that. The answer to your problem is the
> number 42.

Actually I was looking for some assistance on determining what is killing the LGWR process. Oracle do not provide OS support ! I thought the question was clear enough but obviously not. Thanks for the comment though as its must have wasted five minutes. Received on Wed Mar 10 2010 - 08:02:42 CST

Original text of this message