ORA-00470: LGWR process terminated with error

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 04:07:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am currently running two Oracle 10G instances from a single Solaris M4000 server. Every few days one of the instances crashes with the following error and has to be restarted.

ORA-00470: LGWR process terminated with error PMON: terminating instance due to error 470

I have spend weeks running various trace files etc with Oracle support and they are basically clueless as to what is the cause. They are saying it is a Solaris OS issue but surely this would affect both instances and not just one.

Essentially something is killing the LGWR process and the instance is shutting itself down. I think the way ahead is to try and find out what is killing this process but I'm not sure how to go about this and worried that any logging may degrade server performance.

Can anybody offer any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
John Received on Wed Mar 10 2010 - 06:07:48 CST

Original text of this message