Re: Cannot change ARCHIVELOG-MODE via EM

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 02:39:17 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 8, 6:16 pm, gs <g..._at_gs.com> wrote:

snip

> > Okay then  ... the "old old" EM ... I haven't used that one in a long
> > time.
>
> > The terminology people use gets a little confusing trying to sort out
> > old EM from new OEM thru dbconsole from new OEM thru grid control ...
>
> I hate the dbconsole - just in case you were wondering.. having a look
> at Oracle SQL Developer for a quick & easy gui for checking things as I
> speak - not too impressed (yet)

I am still a Toad user although that product has become kind of bloated over the years. Our developers are using SQL Developer because of the cost ( or lack thereof ).

Mladen made an excellent point here though ... when switching between archive log modes you really want to do it outside of a GUI. Received on Tue Mar 09 2010 - 04:39:17 CST

Original text of this message