Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 21:15:44 +1100

John Hurley wrote,on my timestamp of 7/03/2010 1:01 PM:
> On Mar 6, 8:57 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> snip
>
>> How is that "taking my bet"?  I got rid of thee darn thing after someone claimed
>> it couldn't be done, and you show me that it is in your system?
>> So what? Get rid of it.  As simple as that.

> Now you are changing your story here.

How come? Be careful with the answer, John: I dislike trolling, you know that full well. And I don't run away like dizwell: I bite back.

> What's the point of posting stuff here if you want to keep claiming
> different things?

I post wherever I want, for whatever motives I might have, and it's absolutely none of yours or anyone else's business if I do so, whenever I do so. Is that in any shape or format not perfectly clear?

> Who exactly claimed that you could not get rid of it?

Actually, you did:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/01dfc18f5d87858b/e43b04ec00a5c172#e43b04ec00a5c172

and I quote:

"You don't really have any choice about installing it ... it comes with the software. New patchsets and maintenance that goes into the system keeps updating it.
About the only choices that we have here is how we configure it ... if we configure it ... and if we use it ... how we use it. "

Me, I simply chose to get rid of it which is perfectly possible. Hence, claiming that the only choice is to configure it or how to use it is probably wrong?

But don't let that change your path: keep installing and running it, I'm quite sure that'll make you a candidate for the next ace of the year or some other equally irrelevant lolly.

I prefer industry-wide recognitions, rather than just one maker's. Received on Sun Mar 07 2010 - 04:15:44 CST

Original text of this message