Re: The penny hasn't dropped yet...

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 06:02:49 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 7, 5:15 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

snip

> "You don't really have any choice about installing it ... it comes with
> the software.  New patchsets and maintenance that goes into the system
> keeps updating it.
> About the only choices that we have here is how we configure it ... if
> we configure it ... and if we use it ... how we use it. "
>
> Me, I simply chose to get rid of it which is perfectly possible.
> Hence, claiming that the only choice is to configure it or how to use it is
> probably wrong?

It probably would have been useful if you had explained what you did and why earlier in this series of postings.

As you posted it in sequence it looked ( at least to me ) like you were claiming that it had not been installed.

With the actions that you performed and then throwing in the words "wanna bet" my opinion is that allegations of trolling might be reconsidered.

Going back to my original idea ... if you do ditch it ... it will come back again.

If we choose not to use it ( as much as we can ... except when forced to by Oracle support demands ) ... that's probably about as far as most of us can reasonably go at this time.

Feel free to rant on but I really don't need any personal type slams from you thanks very much. Received on Sun Mar 07 2010 - 08:02:49 CST

Original text of this message