Re: Oracle does it again

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:47:19 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 1, 3:39 pm, Robert Klemme <shortcut..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:

snip

> > I have a friend who I am pretty sure runs 11g RAC on Linux and the
> > last I talked to him his site is not experiencing any RAC related
> > problems.  From what I have heard 11g RAC is no worse, problem wise,
> > than 10g RAC or 9.2 RAC.

That's about what I have heard. You don't run RAC systems without expecting complications and a big requirement to have available expertise 24 x 7 ... or at least you don't run them well.

> How did he set up the system?  IIRC Mladen's problems were mainly with
> upgrading 10 to 11 - not so much running 11 or installing from scratch.

If I understand him correctly ( and at times he does not always seem like he wants to put all his cards on the table ) it was some kind of special test system running RAC one node.

Not that those types of systems should have big problems in an upgrade but that's a pretty atypical setup from a normal RAC system. Could Oracle have missed doing some testing of upgrades for systems like that?

These days it seems like Oracle has problems testing almost anything! Received on Mon Mar 01 2010 - 16:47:19 CST

Original text of this message