Re: Loooooong wait to shutdown Oracle immediate on Linux

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:57:44 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 24, 2:21 am, Jia Lu <> wrote:
> hi all
>  I have oracle 10g and 11g online on linux.
>  But after 1 month when I do shutdown immediate command, it took a
> long loooong time wait just like it freezed.
>  Is there anyone have the same experience?
>  Best Laurence Lu

You might check what is attached to the db. It could be an agent session. Kill all sessions, then check what is still attached. It could be a rollback as Michel said. If it's an agent session or something else non-transaction, kill the process at the OS level. If it's a session that has been in killed state for a month, kill its process.

-- is bogus
Faster Pussycat!  Kill Kill!