Re: Optimizer issue in 11g

From: Randolf Geist <>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 01:50:54 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 19, 2:43 pm, amy <> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your responses. The issue has not resurfaced after
> I posted this question. I was hoping to check out some of the
> suggestions posted here. We do not use SQL Baseline and our System
> Stats have not been re-gathered. I did not realize that Dynamic
> Sampling can happen even with Stats in place. Thanks Randolf for
> pointing that out. That might have contributed to the plan changes.
> Thanks.

Just to point to another possibility that Richard Foote has written about. According to your description so far I thought that it doesn't apply to your particular case but I find his post useful, so I'm linking it here:

Oracle related stuff blog:

Co-author of the "OakTable Expert Oracle Practices" book: Received on Sat Feb 20 2010 - 03:50:54 CST

Original text of this message