Re: Unable to disable tracing - XE

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:29:42 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 10, 9:02 am, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hey congrats on the whole Oak Table thing.
>
> It looks like you have an event coming up in Ann Arbor ( one of my
> favorite towns ... I spend a couple of years there while in junior
> high school ) that looks epic.  You must be michigan based?  I was
> unaware of that ...
>
> Is there some url that you can give me ( email back perhaps ) with
> more details?
>
> Do you feel like getting dragged down to Cleveland to present one of
> these days at our local Oracle Users Group?  (http://www.neooug.org
> ) ...

Thanks - I was offered membership to the OakTable in 2008, and had the opportunity to participate in the latest book that was written by OakTable members.

The first announcement of the Michigan OakTable Symposium appeared here:
http://hoopercharles.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/the-oaktable-network-invades-michigan-usa-advert/

A second announcement should appear in a couple of days with more detailed information (watch my blog or orana.info). I received word that Tanel Poder, Tim Gorman, Jeremiah Wilton, Alex Gorbachev and a couple other people from around the world, in addition to those listed at the above link, have offered to present. It also looks like I will have the opportunity to co-present with Randolf Geist, who will be flying in from Germany.

The registration site is in the process of being tested, and we are still finalizing who will be presenting, what will be presented, and how information about the event will be organized. The official website for the event is: http://michigan.oaktable.net

I appreciate the offer, but time constraints and the current economic conditions are limiting factors at the moment.

Charles Hooper
Co-author of "Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the Oak Table"
http://hoopercharles.wordpress.com/
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Wed Feb 10 2010 - 09:29:42 CST

Original text of this message