Re: Unable to disable tracing - XE

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 06:02:11 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 10, 6:49 am, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

snip

> I agree with John - take a look at the number after dep= in the trace
> file - that is indicating that it is very likely a trigger that is
> executing these calls, but it could also be an anonymous PL/SQL
> block.  You might try the following SQL statement to see if there is a
> logon or startup trigger:

It is a little hard to believe that someone would have a trigger in effect that they forgot about but ...

> Charles Hooper
> Co-author of "Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration
> from the Oak Table"http://hoopercharles.wordpress.com/
> IT Manager/Oracle DBA
> K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.

Hey congrats on the whole Oak Table thing.

It looks like you have an event coming up in Ann Arbor ( one of my favorite towns ... I spend a couple of years there while in junior high school ) that looks epic. You must be michigan based? I was unaware of that ...

Is there some url that you can give me ( email back perhaps ) with more details?

Do you feel like getting dragged down to Cleveland to present one of these days at our local Oracle Users Group? ( http://www.neooug.org ) ... Received on Wed Feb 10 2010 - 08:02:11 CST

Original text of this message