Re: saving emails in an Oracle table

From: Tim X <timx_at_nospam.dev.null>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 17:26:46 +1100

Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> writes:
> Op 31-1-2010 11:13, Frank van Bortel schreef:
>> Shakespeare wrote:

>>> IIRC, oracle mail was just a set of database packages....
>>>
>>> Shakespeare
>> That's right; but only outgoing. Never managed incoming mail.
>> And it can only handle outgoing mail when connected to an email
>> relay
>>
> You may be right about that, too long ago...

My recollection was that it was just a MUA (Mail user agent). You told it where the server was and it connected via TCP to (usually) port 25 of that server and used the basic SMTP protocol to pass the message to the server which then sent it to wherever. I don't believe there was any MTA (mail transport agent) in the package.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au