Re: saving emails in an Oracle table

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:05:45 +0100

Shakespeare wrote:
> Op 31-1-2010 11:13, Frank van Bortel schreef:
>> Shakespeare wrote:
[snip!]
>>> Shakespeare
>> That's right; but only outgoing. Never managed incoming mail.
>> And it can only handle outgoing mail when connected to an email
>> relay
>>

> I think utl_smtp does not need a relay server. But you're right: it does
> not receive mail.
>
> Shakespeare

Well, this is how I start - note the smtp_host and ~port:

FUNCTION begin_session RETURN utl_smtp.connection IS

     conn utl_smtp.connection;
   BEGIN

  • open SMTP connection conn := utl_smtp.open_connection(g_smtp_host, g_smtp_port); utl_smtp.helo(conn, g_smtp_domain); RETURN conn; END; --

Regards, Frank van Bortel

Topposting in Usenet groups I regard as offensive - I will not reply Received on Wed Feb 03 2010 - 03:05:45 CST

Original text of this message