Re: SQLPLUS Question

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:09:14 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 6:15 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > Everyone knows you know a bit about it (Oracle).  You know near to
> > nothing about ksh.
>
> OK. You write me a script doing something related to Oracle in ksh and I
> will write the same script in Perl. Let's compare the execution times and
> the memory footprint. Also, as a minimum security measure, let's pack the
> passwords in hexadecimal form, so that they're not visible from the
> scripts at first glance. This is what I have in mind:

Like almost always when you get a bee in your bonnet you start going overboard.

Lots of us can do almost anything in ksh ... would it be nice if we had the time and inclination to do more in perl?

Going down the path of proclaiming one scripting environment is better than another is a pretty good way to waste a lot of time but boring ... very very boring. Received on Thu Jan 21 2010 - 18:09:14 CST

Original text of this message