Re: Materialized Views

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:44:40 +0100

Op 12-1-2010 20:42, The Magnet schreef:
> I'm getting an error when I try an do a fast refresh on a materialized
> view. The base table is very simple, 3 columns. But, it exists over
> a database link. Like everyone else I am receiving a ORA-12054. I've
> had no luck with tryong everything out with all the example
> definitions. This is one table with a primary key, I do not know what
> could be more simple. I've pasted my definitions below.
>
> BTW: I tried both INCLUDING and EXCLUDING on the log:
>
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON WIDGET.WIDGETS
> WITH PRIMARY KEY
> INCLUDING NEW VALUES;
>
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW WIDGET.WIDGETS
> REFRESH FAST ON COMMIT
> AS
> SELECT ROWID,
> "WIDGET_ID",
> "WIDGET_NAME",
> "WIDGET_OPTIONS"
> FROM "WIDGETS"_at_NIVA.COM;
  1. Did you include all primary key columns of the table (widgets)
  2. Alias the rowid (select ROWID as a_rowid). The stament you put in here would generate an error.
  3. How can you run the first statement without a table widget.widgets? A materialized view log must be created on a TABLE.
  4. You can't create a mv with the same name as a table. You should get an ORA-955

Conclusion: these can't be the statements you actually ran.

Shakespeare Received on Tue Jan 12 2010 - 14:44:40 CST

Original text of this message