Re: Connections which go bad

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:51:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:41:37 +0000, Troels Arvin wrote:

> Can some parameter be set so that a keep-alive like method is employed
> on the wire to keep connections alive?

Well, there is this thing called "the philosopher's stone". Last time I read about it, it was in possession of a guy named Harry Potter. He lives in a place called "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry", also known as the Oak Table.
Short of having a piece of rock that can make your sessions live forever, you may also feel inclined to look into the alert log and see if there are any completely benign errors like ORA-0600 or ORA-07445. That can be a sign of a serious trouble.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com