Re: Oracle 10g RAC on IBM DS 3400 ?

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:39:42 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 4, 6:53 pm, joel garry <> wrote:

> > I've been running 11g RAC on IBM DS 3400 with Centos 5 since june 2008
> > without issue.
> How do you handle the "unsupported" issue?  (I know what Centos 5 is,
> just curious about the justification of it and if you have other
> supported configurations.  If my understanding of Oracle's support
> position is correct, I don't agree with Oracle in this type of
> config).

The "without issue" remark leaves open to interpretation how many times ( if any ) he has used or needed to get any support from Oracle related to this configuration.

I have pretty much given up using Oracle support except as a self service depot. That's pretty close to the experience many of my local DBA peers are reporting.

Sure you need a support contract to get patches etc. Does that mean that you need a certified config? Probably not. Received on Mon Jan 04 2010 - 18:39:42 CST

Original text of this message