Unix instance with NetApp storage

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghpille_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 02:27:03 -0800 (PST)

Hallo en een gelukkig nieuwjaar / happy new year!

Our Oracle instances on AIX use DS6800 for storage, but the DS6800 will have to be replaced.

One of the candidates is NetApp. My colleague, who is responsible for keeping these systems up and running, warned me: "Do you know that AIX can only reach NetApp via NFS?".

My first reaction was: "You're not seriously considering an Oracle instance with its data on an NFS?".

But then I realized I might be getting too old for this shit, and getting behind the times. So I had a look around the internet.

My Google skillz must be failing me, but I couldn't find anything on the web about this combination, apart from whitepapers from NetApp itself, which were quite positive.

Anyone with real life experience who survived and wishes to tell about it?

It would be very well come!

Thanks,

Gerard Received on Tue Jan 05 2010 - 04:27:03 CST

Original text of this message