Re: there is an error in comments

From: Daneel Yaitskov <rtfm.rtfm.rtfm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:35:40 +0300

ddf wrote:
> because what's happening is this:
>
> BEGIN echo('dddddd'); --comment; END;
>
> Notice your comment in this context is considered as actual (but
> invalid) code. Do this instead:

You must admit that such behavior strong differentiate from others languages for the rule of one-line comment. Solid bulk of languages

C++, Bash, C#, Haskell, Lisp, TeX etc. consider that one-line comment can begin in any place of a line excepting strings (a text between ").

I guess major portion of PL/SQL programmers have first language Basic, Pascal or C.

My resume is this feature tends to errors. But I don't see any causes that PS/Sql's syntaxes must differentiate from the mainstream languages.

Daneel Yaitskov Received on Wed Dec 23 2009 - 06:35:40 CST

Original text of this message