there is an error in comments

From: Daneel Yaitskov <rtfm.rtfm.rtfm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:45:09 +0300

Hi List,

I use Oracle 10 XE. I'm a student. When I wrote my lab then I had found that Oracle alerts about an error for the line:

call echo('dddddd'); -- comment

But it processes normally this line without the comment:

call echo('dddddd');

The PL script is entirely:

set serveroutput on;
create or replace procedure echo(msg varchar ) as begin

     dbms_output.put_line (msg);
end;
/

call echo('dddddd'); -- comment
-- the end of script

P.S. I have finished study of Oracle and my opinion have been apparently get negative. It doesn't concern Oracle's performance or one's stability for overloads because I made only simple demo jobs. Therefore I cannot say about it. But as Oracle's user say to work very uncomfortable with Oracle.
PL translator works rather silent and doesn't show a precise line number with an error.

Daneel Yaitskov. Received on Mon Dec 21 2009 - 06:45:09 CST

Original text of this message