What exception catching methods should be used with Pro*C?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 07:47:38 -0800 (PST)

My application assembles SQL queries at run time, using C++ (a language which is very good at error handling, based on the try...catch statement) and executes them in C, more specifically using Oracle Pro*C.

I have doubts about the error handling methods to be applied. I am trying to figure out how to catch any error while the Pro*C code is being executed and to pass them upstream to the C++ layer. I must add that the application is a never-ending server and therefore it must not crash or even "exit()" upon failure.

Your comments/pointers are most appreciated and welcome.

TIA, -Ramon Received on Sun Nov 22 2009 - 09:47:38 CST

Original text of this message