Incorporating oracle server start|stop into Solaris 10 service management facility (SMF)

From: SunnyDays <triangulumx_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:58:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gurus

I have a question about incorporating startup and shutdown of multiple oracle instances into solaris 10 service management facility (SMF). Is there a straight forward way of doing this and is there some sort of template available to do this?

I have taken a look at ora-smf.1.5.1.pkg and it des look like the sort of tool I need, but i am unsure how to implement it for multiple oracle instances on the same box.

Has anybody done this and is there any information on implementing this package on multiple oracle instances.

much appreciated and thanks in advance.

rgds
dean Received on Wed Nov 18 2009 - 04:58:52 CST

Original text of this message