Re: I can't get logged into the new improved metalink...

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:59:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:33:07 +0100, The Boss wrote:

> I wouldn't use MySQL for critical apps either, but for a non-critical
> intranet portal it isn't that bad.

I used MySQL for the DW layer, something similar to TimesTen. MySQL has "STORAGE=MEMORY" option, which allows me to store the tables in memory. Oracle did the heaving crunching, with the full table scans and group by expressions and the results were loaded into a MySQL database. The end users were given the ODBC driver which they used from Excel to produce all kinds of nice graphics. They were happy as clams.