Re: Metalink disaster

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:09:06 +0100

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:hdlgt5$a0e$1_at_solani.org...
> This thing with the Metalink is turning into an unmitigated disaster of
> biblical proportions. I tried to log into Metalink because I want to open
> a TAR, but I can't get in. Here is my problem:
>
> SQL> create cluster print_clu(active char(1))
> 2 tablespace imi
> 3 single table hashkeys 3;
>
> Cluster created.
>
> Elapsed: 00:00:00.12
> SQL> create table print_tmp
> 2 cluster print_clu(active)
> 3 as select * from print where rownum<0;
> create table print_tmp
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-03001: unimplemented feature
>
> The version is 10.2.0.4 on Linux, 64 bit. I want to know what exactly is
> the "unimplemented feature" and why is it not possible to populate the
> cluster? Of course, ML being out, I can't really ask anybody. Are we
> going to get some discounts for this support disaster? Who is the idiot
> who has insisted on replacing the old Metalink and why exactly was it
> done? Will the guilty be fired? This shows a serious lack of judgment and
> arrogance on the part of the Oracle Corp. This is not just a joke, we're
> paying significant amounts of money for support!
>

> --
> http://mgogala.freehostia.com

I wonder how they tested the new system - not? Based on the old Metalink visitor statistics, they should have a good guess at the number of logins and concurrent transactions to expect, no? After all, there are currently tons of tools on the market to stress and load-test web applications before they got released into production, no? Or maybe the database backend of MOS isn't Oracle anymore? Maybe it's MySQL??

Matthias Received on Sat Nov 14 2009 - 04:09:06 CST

Original text of this message