well-hung RMAN (was Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:30:45 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 12, 8:47 am, gs <g..._at_gs.com> wrote:

> I have been weeks now with an SR on why my dbconsole/Rman backups are
> hanging, the problem isn't "urgent" since I just went back to my old
> reliable user managed backups.

Don't know what your problem is, of course, but I had the same symptom, which wound up generating another SR because it was more generally a problem with jobs, eventually had to have an involved procedure to remove some bogus information from dbconsole and rebuild the dbconsole, or something, derived from parts of several metalink notes that don't quite fix it. First test to see if it is a similar problem, can you use dbconsole to create a trivial sql or shell job? ie:

"1. On main page of DB CONSOLE slide down to bottom and click on JOBS link
2. on right hand side - drop down box - create job SQL 3. give a name like "SQL job" and in the COMMAND filed - enter "select * from dual;"

4. slide down to TARGETS section (same page) and click on ADD button
5. place a check mark next to the database name.
6. click submit and post/upload results including job status"

I'm so glad I've kept SR's locally... wish I had done that since day 1...

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/nov/12/intel-settles-amd-claims-but-isnt-off-the-hook/