Re: Recover index tablespace

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

Comments embedded.

On Oct 19, 2:00 pm, Fabrice <t..._at_test.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> How to recover index tablespace ?

What has happened to the index tablespace? Are there any non-index objects in this tablespace?

> I have A tablespace for the data and an onother for indexes.
>
> . Can I restore the datafile of my index tablespace and do an un recover
> tablespace. The redologs archivied will be replayed ?
> and Do my base will become consistent ?

If all objects in that tablespace are indexes you could simply build a new tablespace and rebuild the indexes into that new tablespace.

> . Or do I add a new datafile in my tablespace, drop the old one and rebuild
> all the indexes ?

What happened to this datafile that raises this question?

> How to rebuild all the indexes ?

Query the data dictionary for all indexes in that tablespace and generate the rebuild statements:

select 'alter index '||owner||'.'||index_name||' rebuild;' from dba_indexes
where tablespace_name = '.....';

Replace '.....' with your index tablespace name.

> thanks a lot
> fabrice

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Oct 19 2009 - 16:03:13 CDT

Original text of this message