Re: Backup Oracle, With or Without RMAN

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

Backup Compression in RMAN can be done without the Advanced Compression option as well.
That is how it has been available in 10gR2. Advanced Compression in 11g introduces a new compression algorithm which speeds up compressed backups, but isn't strictly necessary. (FWIW : I've found non-compressed backups faster than compressed backups in 10gR2, so I guess you are referring to Advanced Compression for the performance itself ?)

Hemant K Chitale