Re: Backup Oracle, With or Without RMAN

From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

Backup Compression in RMAN can be done without the Advanced Compression option as well.
That is how it has been available in 10gR2. Advanced Compression in 11g introduces a new compression algorithm which speeds up compressed backups, but isn't strictly necessary. (FWIW : I've found non-compressed backups faster than compressed backups in 10gR2, so I guess you are referring to Advanced Compression for the performance itself ?)

Hemant K Chitale