Re: The end is near: Coca Cola switches to UDB

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 00:26:05 +0200

"Mladen Gogala" <mladen_at_bogus.email.invalid> wrote in message news:haq95r$rrn$2_at_solani.org...
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:09:08 +0100, Palooka wrote:
>
>> I am no particular fan of any specifc RDBMS, nor of any particular
>> application technology.
>
> I am. I prefer Oracle RDBMS above all other. What I dislike are Oracle's
> prices and licensing policies. I welcome any competition to Oracle, in
> order for them to stop behaving like a monopoly.

I agree. It sucks that you have to pay extra for "options" like Advanced Compression and Partitioning for the Enterprise Edition, which is already expensive enough. On the other hand, some of the free products like SQL Developer and Application Express are becoming very good.

Matthias Received on Sat Oct 10 2009 - 17:26:05 CDT

Original text of this message