Re: Checkpoints

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:49:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 21, 2:40 pm, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are on 10gr2.  We have 10 redo logs, each 150 megs.  We are getting
> a lot of checkpoint not complete errors.  After doing some reading I
> see that it says not to mix FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET with
> LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL.
>
> I could keep adding more and more and larger and larger redo logs, but
> is that really the right answer?  I've looked and all apps have decent
> commits in them......

Is log_checkpoint_interval set to a non-zero value? You don't say if it is or if it isn't. And the problem may not be with that parameter but with the size of the redo log groups (they are likely too small and, because of that, you're cycling through the groups at a relatively 'blazing' rate). I would seriously look into increasing the size of those redo logs and aim for two to three log switches per hour.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Sep 21 2009 - 14:49:17 CDT

Original text of this message