11.2 installation onto OEL 5.2 64 bit system

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 07:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

I have several systems running 64 bit OEL 5.2 ... the 11.1 databases have been pretty smooth and stable.

Just starting to work on a plan to go up to 11.2 with careful testing along the way of course.

I guess it would be too much to expect that 11.1 operating system kernel parameters and 11.1 package requirements would be the same for 11.2 eh? I can deal with the operating system kernel stuff ( really minor things between 11.1 and 11.2 ).

How about some of the package requirements warnings?

My OEL 5.2 systems currently have glibc-2.5.18 but installer "thinks it needs to have" glibc-2-5.24 ... does this make any sense or is this just the installer not being coded to deal with 5.2 correctly?

Installer also thinks it needs to have sysstat-7.0.2 ( we have sysstat-7.0.0-3.el5 ).

There other things are listed that my systems do not have at all ( libaio-devel-0.3.106 and unixODBC-2.2.11 and unixODBC- -2.2.11 ).

For my initial first try I just checked off ignore all and the software install completed without any apparent issues.

Any opinions and ideas appreciated. Guess I should submit this into support.

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Sep 04 2009 - 09:13:36 CDT

Original text of this message