Re: create database link identified by values?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:51:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 27, 1:26 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Aug 27, 7:07 am, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
>

> > "hehehe" <m..._at_m.ccc> a écrit dans le message de news: h763b0$1tn..._at_news2.ipartners.pl...
> > | Hello!
> > |
> > | It`s possible? When a get from dba_users  hash password id like to create
> > | database link with this password like this :
> > | create database link connect to 'test' identified by values '1234124213'
> > | using 'test';
> > |
> > | But if i try its is possible but when i create new user
> > |
> > | create user test identified by values '2134123123231' profile wer;
> > | its works
> > |
> > | regards - MJ
> > |

> > No it is not possible.
>
> > Regards
> > Michel
>
> Not in dba_users, but if I grep for "DATABASE LINK" in a full rows=N
> export, I see something just like that, it is different than the user
> password on the linked db.
>
> But...
> select passwordx from KU$_DBLINK_VIEW;
>
> Version dependent, I would guess.
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.
> Not only offensive, but isn't that a Mac...?http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/26/microsoft.ad.gaffe/index.html?iref...- Hide quoted text -

Definitely version dependent. Using a 9.2.0.6 exp dmp file I can grep out the database link create and the password is in plain text. The password is available to the DBA via the interal base table sys.link$ in plain text.

With 10g the same commands show that Oracle switched to using an identified by values type format with database links just as it does for users. On 10g the password in link$ is a hashed value.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Aug 28 2009 - 07:51:49 CDT

Original text of this message