Re: Migrating from 8i

From: gazzag <>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 03:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Aug, 11:14, Frank <> wrote: <snip>
> Oh - flamebait: MS Sql Server is *not* cheaper, it's about as costly
> as running Oracle. Of course, Oracle is the professionals choice.
> Frank

Sadly, to the uninitiated (management), SQL Server can *appear* cheaper at first glance. In fact, the other day, the SQL Server DBA in my office was bemoaning how "expensive" Oracle was compared to SQL Server. I couldn't be bothered arguing the whys and wherefores, so simply said "Yeah, and an aeroplane is more expensive than a car; what's your point?" ;)

-g Received on Fri Aug 28 2009 - 05:01:56 CDT

Original text of this message