Re: Index question

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 26, 9:18 am, "stevedhow..._at_gmail.com" <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> We have to rebuild the index if for no other reason than performance.
> However, I do have clone of this database where I can replicate the
> condition on the same table/index with different values, so I will use
> that for an SR and report back to the group.

It's hard to argue against Jonathan's suggestion that an optimizer bug may be involved.

If you can get a reproducible test case built there's several of us who can run it on different systems ( I might even be able to run a test case correctly ... this time ).

> Thanks all for validating that I wasn't losing my mind.

Isn't that a horse of a different color? ( Which could be a Wizard of Oz reference ). Received on Wed Aug 26 2009 - 10:09:11 CDT

Original text of this message