configure listener.ora and tnsnames.ora

From: ilbmbo <ilbimbo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 06:45:28 -0700 (PDT)

hy, my system have a Database Oracle on a server Linux distro Suse with Oracle Entarprise Manager 10g

I'm doing a little programm in Visual c++ that do a query on the database from an other pc with windows in a network with the linux pc.

But i have a problem with the connection to the Db, infact when i open the database i have this error on oracle Db:

ORA-12505: TNS:listner does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor (DBD ERROR: OCI ServerAttach)

and my software connect to database only sometimes.....

so i think that my file listener and tnsname are wrong...

the listener.ora is empty, end the tnsname.ora is:

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: /opt/oracle/product/10.2/ db_1/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

AFTIDI =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = linux-gle.Id)(PORT = 1521))     (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = AFTIDI)

    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = AFTIDI)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

can you help me? Received on Wed Aug 05 2009 - 08:45:28 CDT

Original text of this message