Re: Managing Oracle Users

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 30, 10:16 pm, undbund <undb..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I had created a user with connect role and resorce role. When I
> login to Oracle with this user, I am still able to see other shemas
> and view their tables. Is there a way to prevent this so that when a
> user who is a non dba logins in he/she should not see other shemas and
> their tables and other objects?.
>
> Thanks,
> Undbund

It matters what version. See
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14266/appendixa.htm#CHDJDIIB especially noting the part about least privileges. If you are on an earlier version, you probably shouldn't be granting connect.

See http://dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm for more information about posting here.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
The Oracle says, you should recite shemas 3 times a day.