Re: Business Objects performance

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:49:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 13, 10:23 am, Helma <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Report-name, runtime, frequency, timeperiod : that's the info i need
> in order to know the tune-targets. How to get that?

One possible approach might be to capture some of the relevant information using a combination of a logon database and logoff database set of triggers and some custom logging code somehow.

Of course we all know that triggers are evil. The implications of even considering adding triggers like this to a busy system is not a pleasant one probably ... depending on volume of sessions being initiated/etc. But you might want to think about it ... and think twice and three times before doing it.

Shouldn't there be some set of IT people familiar with this stuff at your site? Some kind of reporting group or Business Objects admin team? Received on Mon Jul 13 2009 - 17:49:44 CDT

Original text of this message