Re: Business Objects performance

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:44:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 13, 2:48 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:23:33 -0700 (PDT), Helma
>
> <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Report-name, runtime, frequency, timeperiod : that's the info i need
> >in order to know the tune-targets. How to get that?
>
> >HV
>
> If BO doesn't send this to the database, one way or another, there is
> no way to get this from Oracle. How would you do that? You have
> dbms_application_info calls, which end up in v$session, but again,
> when you can't do anything to make BO call dbms_application_info, you
> are stuck.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Just thinking out loud... login trigger gets session and process and puts in table, kicks off at job to watch them periodically, grabbing sql and other interesting info. I'm assuming there's something in the BO access that differentiates those jobs on login. But if the OP has sessions dedicated, he should easily know the session and process information.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
On this day in 1986, a 5.3-magnitude earthquake strikes off the coast